Communications, Events and Product Development All-Rounder
We are looking for someone to manage all admin, all communications and all events, as well as do some product development. We are a small company doing big things, so we need a dynamic person with the ability to do both high-level ideation and low-level execution.
- Manage all events: Conceptualise, compile info, write proposals, execute.
- Manage all public relations and communication: Liaise with clients and partner organisations, handle emails and calls, manage media exposure which includes writing press releases, etc.
- Manage all admin: Meeting minutes, filing, data entry, etc.
- Take a growth-hacking style approach to product development, for things like:
- Further opportunities for learners in our WeCode24 programme.
- New products and services that we have in mind.
Qualities, work ethic and skills
- Is dynamic and independent, comfortable operating in a startup culture.
- Can do both high-level creative ideation and low-level systematic execution.
- Takes ownership, can be relied on to get the job done.
- Delivers high quality work. Pays great attention to detail.
- Is professional, smart and presentable.
- Clear communicator. Has excellent English communication skills and etiquette. Being multilingual is an advantage.
- Is confident, outgoing, with solid people skills, comfortable working with people from all backgrounds. Has integrity and is respectful.
- Works well on their own and in a team. Can manage others, and resolve conflict.
- Cultivates an edifying work culture. Positive attitude.
- Is organised and punctual.
- Is computer literate.
- Has their own transport.
We are open to permanent full-time or half-time employment, but the ideal would be an outsourced retainer agreement for a certain number of hours. Work hours generally flexible as long as the work gets completed daily. A mostly-remote work arrangement is possible in the longer term, with occasional in-person attendance at meetings and events.
Pay commensurate with the time worked. Starting from R8 000 to R32 000 full-time equivalent per month, dependent on skills, experience and responsibilities taken on.
Strand, Western Cape — at first, later mostly remote.
If you have not received any correspondence within a week of your application you have been unsuccessful, as only short-listed candidates are contacted.